How funny! We’re both sporting gym clothes, ordering only one coffee and a green juice to follow. We are such New Year cliches.
And as a New Years cliche, we must talk resolutions. We just gotta! If not to actually accomplish them, then to get us started on a path. And I’m not talking proper life resolutions like “Run a marathon under four hours”. I’m talking cute, small, day-to-day food related resolutions like…
1. Drink one coffee a day. Two, tops: My husband thinks I’m addicted and he may be right. Just admit to it so we can all move on!
2. Try something other than the chips on the sides menu: I have a great gift for knowing when chips will be good at a restaurant. Trust my gut. Don’t take chances. Order something else.
3. Meditate for 10 minutes a day after work and before dinner: Use the Headspace app. this is when I give myself 10 minutes to sit on the couch and go through Instagram, anyway.
4. Keep the kitchen (this includes the fridge, Bianca) neat: I don’t need to explain this. Just do it.
5. Learn to cook healthy easy meals and keep the kitchen stocked so that I don’t rely on pasta when in a jam: The amazing Cookbook Book Club you have started with your friend Bel will help with this! Look at you go!
6. Eat properly to sustain the amount of running I’ll be doing this year: Great Ocean Road Marathon – Here I come!
7. DO NOT buy any more Doritos: Doesn’t matter if Coles has them on sale. PUT. THE. DORITOS. DOWN.
8. Please avoid spilling food on your clothe: If you do not succeed, call your mom straight away. she’ll teach you how to remove said stain.
9. Stop eating leftover food from other people’s plates: This is non-negotiable. It is not cute. Anymore.
10. Once a month, dress up real nice, make sure your nails are done and go to a fancy dinner: #treatyoself