It was a big week over here in Bianca land. First, I finally did my taxes! Second, I completed my Construction Induction course which means I am one step closer to getting my White Card, which also means I’m closer to officially becoming an owner-builder. Wohhoooo because that all means we’re closer to getting started on the nitty-gritty side of our home renovation. Huge news! Very exciting! I made cookies to celebrate and they turned out to be my best cookies yet, which means you’ll probably see that recipe on Where Food Is soon because I must never forget it. Anyway…
According to Man Repeller, low rise jeans are making a come back but I think we all need to #justsayHELLno
This Aziz Ansari interview is the best.
Watch Queen Tina Fey speak about Charlottesville.
The trailer for The Crown Season 2 and I cannot wait.
I really need to come up with a reason to use this venue.
Arya and Brinne’s fight scene analysed.
This is exactly Jack when he tries food for the first time.
So excited for this new show on Netflix.
In need of greeting cards? Order here!
Luna the Border Collie
Shit has been going down lately! And by shit I mean dog poo, because Jack and I got a dog. We got a gorgeous little puppy called Luna. She’s a lilac and white border collie with cosmic blue eyes, and she is our best friend. She is 10 weeks at the moment and –talking like a true parent– is complete perfection, even when we wake up at 2am to take her out but she still pees inside, even when she accidentally bites us too hard and especially when she decides to eat the legs of our dining table for dinner and all my coffee-table books for dessert.
So life has been a bit crazy since we’re just figuring out life with a puppy, but we’re getting a hang of it now and adapting. I think all dog owners can agree: the best thing on earth is coming home to our girl. And is there a greater collective group of people than the dog owning community? We have made so many friends already and haven’t even visited a dog park yet.
BROAD CITY IS BACK!
Ilana and Abbi are on Marc Maron’s WTF. Listen! Listen!
I interrupt your regularly scheduled backpack lusting sesh so we can drool over this carry-on beauty.
I can’t decide whose part in this song in my favorite.
“Damn, Daniel!” explained.
Gilmore Girl fans, let us rejoice!
A story about how mom’s save the say.
OMG. This home. And it belongs to the owner of Catbird (the only jewelry store I’ve ever loved).
This is why the floor routine is still one of my favorite parts of the Olympics.
Imagine having this in your living room. YAS QUEENS.
Accommodation for your next NYC trip.
For those who say they don’t have time to read.
This on repeat to help us get through the week. (Such a good edit.)
1. Have you heard Ryan Adams cover this album? So good!
2. Love craft beer? This website can help you find your favorites around Melbourne just in time for Summer!
3. Would you drink beer that tastes like pop-tarts?
4. Almost Famous has always been my favorite movie, this article hit home with me.
5. I’ve recently got into this podcast. I don’t know how I feel about it yet.
6. Tina Fey, My hero and the person my laptop is named after, may be coming out with new show. In the meantime, does any one know when The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt comes back?
7. Guys, not all Spanish accents are the same!
8. Have you seen this list of scary movies to watch leading up to Halloween? Watching 31 scary movies in a row is my worst nightmare.
9. I just reread this book on writing. I’m obsessed with it.
10. I interviewed the amazing Katie Wilton, food photographer extraordinaire, for Smudge Eats. Read it here.
11. Do you know about this magical little town in Holland? I want to go!
It’s time we started locking in weekly coffee dates. I know we’re always like “lets go get pancakes” and “text me when you’re free” and “did you see what Kanye said?” but if I let another week go by without telling you about my new book I’ll cry. Life happens too quickly and we have SO much to catch up on!
1. Have you heard about Anthony Bourdain’s new project?
2. I finished this book last week! Its really entertaining – it took me ages because I could only read it in daylight.
3. I wish I could do this to an avocado.
4. What does your breakfast say about you?
5. If you haven’t seen this comedy, you must! Now!
6. We watched Straight Outta Compton last weekend. It was so good. I can’t stop listening to this album. And I’m cursing way too much.
7. How incredible in his voice?
8. Jack and I took this punctuation quiz. I won!
9. Have you heard about this giveaway on Show+Tell? Thaz alotta cash money.
10. I wrote this article and took some photos for Really Melbourne. I’m way too excited for summer.
11. I signed up for the Melbourne Half Marathon on the 19th of October last week. I need to get on a serious running schedule, maybe I’ll borrow Jesinta’s. Are you doing it?