It’s not cool to be a tourist anymore. These days, we all want to be travellers and vagabonds; we want to feel like locals. But I have to admit I turn into a big, annoying tourist when I’m in San Francisco. It’s the best city for it and and I’m not even ashamed.
The Tourist Checklist
1. We booked a hotel in the heart of Union Square. From our window we saw the trolleys moving up and down the famous Powell Street until each hit the cable car turnaround.
4. We walked down The Embarcadero roadway to Fisherman’s Wharf to watch the seal lions kiss, sunbathe and wrestle for each other’s spots on the planks. Even though there was plenty of space for all of them, silly sea lions.
5. We paid way too much money for chocolate strawberries from Pier 39’s farmers market, but devoured them.
6. We cheered Jack on when he demanded the stage as part of a live magic show at the end of the pier.
8. We applauded skateboarders as the showed off super cool tricks for videographers at the Justin Herman Plaza.
9. We trudged up and down Lombard Street, the famous steep street with the eight pin turns and beautiful homes lining it. You have to see it in person!
10. We had hot chocolates at the Ghirardelli Square and did some last minute souvenir shopping.
That was all done in one day; Imagine the touristy damage I could do in a week.